Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Recharge Your Batteries!

Well it is time again to recharge my battery.  Today is slightly different.  Today is the last day of using my current charger.  Tonight I have an appointment for the St. Jude Medical rep to come and exchange chargers with me.  Two months ago I received a letter from the company that they were recalling the chargers because of batteries overheating, causing some burns.  If you receive a letter saying your car's engine is being recalled because it could overheat and catch fire you would drive it back to the dealership immediately.  Imagine if something similar was under your skin.  Not a pleasant thought right?  I am eager for this replacement and yet I pray that everything works smoothly.  There is a chance that IF my battery is too far under my skin that this new charger will not work with my battery.  If that is the case then I need to discuss my options with my Neurosurgeon.  1. Keep my charger and risk the potential of one day it burning my flesh. 2. Surgery to reposition my battery.  Obviously neither option is the perfect choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment