Friday, July 5, 2013

Summer time fun!

Summer is in full swing.  I am cooking on the grill more days than in the kitchen.  The boys spend more days in the swimsuits than fully dressed.  Attitudes are more relaxed and the kids are exhausted by bedtime.  Gabe even likes Summer School!!! 
As I am typing this post I am sitting outside on my patio set watching the boys run around the yard splashing each other.  While some people might complain about the heat I enjoy it as it warms my bones.  I still need to be cautious of the humidity, stress, and those days when I simply over tax my body.  At least in the summer I don't worry about flairs due to the weather (or as humidity applies I don't worry as much).  An added benefit is that the summer months are typically less stressful.  All things considered, Summer is a time for fun! 

Yesterday was the Fourth of July.  We spent two hours at the beach, had dinner and ice cream then we took the kids to the movies instead of watching fireworks.  At the movie theater we had an interesting experience.  Lucas had been doing great that day with using the potty.  We had on the same swimmy diaper most of the day "Why change it if it hasn't been peed in?"  In the truck I told Leo I was going to change Lucas into a real diaper as soon as we went into the theater.  As we were walking in the parking garage Leo says "Why is Lucas walking weird?"  Then he noticed it.  The drip down Lucas' leg.  Our first thought was "No big deal.  Take him back to the truck and change him into clean shorts. We have plenty of time before the movie starts!"  I lift Lucas up, taking off his swim shorts as he is standing at the edge of the truck.  When I take off his swim diaper my foot gets splashed with pee! I am talking about as if someone dumped a cup of warm water on your foot but in reality it is pee!  I am so glad I had cheap flip flops on!  Lucas' shirt and body was soaked with pee. We checked his car seat and it was damp.  The diaper bag was packed with an extra pair of shorts but not a shirt.  Leo looks up at me and says "Target is across the street.  Lets go buy him a clean outfit and we should be able to be back in time for the movie!" It worked!  We were back in time for the movie.  Despicable Me 2.  As a family we laughed and had a great time.  We also have the funny story of how Lucas' diaper splashed my foot with pee.  Isn't that what summer is all about? 

How does your family enjoy the Summer?  Do you use it as a chance to spend more time together? 

No comments:

Post a Comment