Friday, June 14, 2013

Feeling good but drained.

Yesterday was my birthday and I have been flair free for the last 3 weeks.  I am one of those women who loves dressing up.  I felt good so I put on my jeans that hug my butt just right and a black top that shows off my curves.  I blew my hair out and wore date night makeup.  I even wore my red pointed toed high heels, I love those shoes! 
That is why it was so funny that my Mom asked me "So how long has your leg been hurting?"  She didn't pay attention to the shoes, I cannot wear those shoes when my leg is hurting.  Her worries that my leg was hurting were put to rest when she had to watch me chase after Lucas, in those heels.  Lucas thought it would be fun to run wild in the restaurant, around the indoor water fountain.  Actually, a lot of people thought this was a funny sight including the wait staff and other people enjoying their dinner.  One little girl who was tossing her pennies in to the fountain tried to high five Lucas as he was running past her!  Finally Leo got up and we trapped Lucas. 
When I sat back down my Mom said "If your leg wasn't hurting before it will now!"  UGH!  I don't like to think like that.  I don't like to think that a few moments of fun, a great family memory, could mean that I will have to deal with pain that takes away my ability to walk.  It is a fact but one that I choose not to dwell on.  I rather enjoy the memory of chasing after Lucas who was laughing like only a small child can laugh. 
Today I am being proactive.  I am resting, sitting on the couch, keeping my leg warm and doing my alphabet rolls.  Currently I am planning on keeping a restful morning I may turn my Spinal Cord Stimulator on a low setting while doing some little household chores this afternoon. 
While I am being honest my energy is drained today.  I am not as energetic today as I have been during these past few weeks.  Maybe the weather is playing a part in the energy drain.  Hot one day then a cold rain for a few days, my body has a hard time keeping up with the dramatic changes.  I am going to take an extra vitamin B12. 

I had a great birthday yesterday.  I had my family next to me.  I felt good and made some new great memories.  I am 35 years old.  I have had RSD for over 17 years. 

Please don't feel sorry for me.  My RSD makes me cherish the silly memories of chasing after Lucas.  Many parents can take for granted running after their child.  For me, it is an awesome feeling to chase after him.  I focus on the good.  I have a good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment