Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Fun

   First day of Summer! The boys are still in school thanks to Hurricane Sandy but they will be done by early next week.  I had hoped to spend this week organizing the playroom, their bedrooms, and the activity cabinets but I am on day 2 of a flair so my priorities have shifted.  I need my leg well enough to spend all day Saturday having a fun time as we have two seperate birthday parties to attend.  The first is for a special little girls first birthday and the second is my sweet little neices' 3rd birthday.  I am going to have a great time on Saturday, lay low on Sunday, and then get organized next week. 

I love Summer time with my boys.  I have expectations of them but mostly it is a relaxed fun time together.  My goals for each boy this summer is simple. Gabe needs to read and type 2 book reports. Lucas will be working on the T and W sound.  The boys will have to do their chores each day. Lucas is not big enough to make his bed or put his clothes away but he can help me. Last summer Gabe had learned how easy and rewarding it was to tidy his room up each day. He also realized that if he did it every day then it doesn't take an hour to clean his room, it should only take 15 minutes tops!  I plan on having some fun crafts, playing out in the sun all day, and late nights by the fire roasting marshmellows.  I just need to organize each area to give everyone a good start to this fun packed summer. 

I need to go through our book shelves and get them organized.  The playroom needs to be thinned out and cleaned up in an organized way.  Our craft cabinets need to be dumped and restocked.  The boys rooms need a good cleaning and reorganizing.  I have till Tuesday to get my list completed. 

Each week of Summer I have to be flexible with the schedule in case my leg starts a flair.  If I am feeling good then we will be taking walks, playing at the park, going on adventures, and anything else that I can think of.  If I am not feeling good then I have to keep the boys home but still pack some fun into those days, even if it is a movie or a stationary activity.  I just need to figure out some creative ways to exhaust Lucas (the energizer bunny) when I am unable to move around.  One fun thought is setting up the sprinklers, kiddie pool, and water guns!  Sun and water always wear out the kids while I can just sit with my leg up soaking up the sun. 

My plans might already have  been sidetracked but my motivation is the same.  My boys will have a great summer!  Now I just pray my RSD behaves and allows me to have more awesome days than flairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment