Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 1 Summer Vacation

My own internal clock did not realize that today is a sleep in day.  The kids internal clocks surely registered the vacation schedule.  I took advantage of the quiet house by enjoying a cup of coffee while watching TV without being disturbed.  NICE!  Then Lucas was up.  He wanted a banana.  Okay that is easy right?  Well, a few bites into his banana it broke in half.  Lucas is picky about his banana's.  First you have to have the peel taken all the way off and second it has to stay whole.  I tried talking to him about eating the banana anyway. Nope, he wouldn't have it he needed a whole new banana.  I get him situated and head up for my shower.  Five minutes later he walks in and opens the curtain to "talk" to me.  Lucas thinks I need company while I shower.  This is why I usually take my showers after he is at school. 

Gabe is doing was pre-teens do in the summer.  He is laying in his bed, watching TV and planning on staying in his pajama's all day.  When I went upstairs to lay down on him and bug him I told him he has to at least read 2 chapters for me today.  I have no problem with using the first day of summer vacation as a lazy day.  However it is 9am and the boy has not come down for breakfast yet.  I am debating telling him to get his butt downstairs or just letting him come down when he gets hungry. 

Today's plan is simple.  I am going to clean my kitchen and get the kids outside to play while the sun is shining.  Gabe can read his two chapters while laying down in the hammock after that he can play video games.  Lucas can have fun playing in the pool, in the dirt, and whatever else will make him happy.  Tomorrow, will be slightly different.  I am going to let the boys have a lazy morning but then we will start implementing their chores.  Next week starts the Extended School Year (ESY) program and that is when the fun really begins. 

I have joined the Pinterest movement.  There are so many fun and educational craft idea's on the site!  I have "pinned" the ones I think the boys will enjoy.  I plan on blogging about the ones we do, complete with pictures and maybe video.  Homemade playdough, baking soda and vinegar experiments, and painting crafts are all fun ideas for Lucas.  A fun science experiment for Gabe will be creating our own ecosystem in soda bottles and growing our own crystal tree.  I just need to buy some supplies for these experiments then we will be ready to go! 

School is out and Summer Vacation has started.  I think we have ours planned out perfectly.  Keep checking back to see what crafts and experiments we have tried.  Enjoy your summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment