Friday, January 24, 2014

And it continues

Well, it has been exactly one week since my latest flare up began.  I don't know why but this one has really kicked my a**.  I am blessed that Leo has let me spend so much time in bed while he takes care of the kids.  We have eaten take out all week but tonight Leo is treating us to a home cooked meal, one of the only things he makes Steaks on the grill!  Yes, it is freezing outside with 18 degrees and with the wind chill making it feel like 9 degrees.  He might be crazy but he is a man in love with his wife.  Thank you God!  Steak is not my favorite meal but it is so much better than pizza.  I am really a lucky woman because this steak dinner includes pink roses.
I told Leo that I miss cooking, I was planning on making a chili because it is comforting, cozy and super easy considering I can sit down through most of it!  He wants me to just relax a bit longer.  Leo said I can get back into the kitchen on Monday.  Honestly, me leg is killing me but I might not last till Monday, I want to get back behind my stove asap.

As a Mother it is hard spending so much time in bed away from my children.  I am blessed that they find it equally as hard so they tend to come in and cuddle me or tell me stories or simply to give me some love.  Lucas is finally getting the hint that Mommy has a booboo leg.  Gabe still gets worried if I spend too much time in bed but we have learned to cut the tension so he doesn't put too much thought into it.  If I am going to be 100% honest I think my flares are hardest on Leo because he simply misses the woman he married.  I know that when a big flare hits I am not myself, who could be when they are in that much pain?  Leo picks up the slack around the house and still keeps up with his job.  He takes care of me, staying strong for me so I can take the time I need till my flare subsides and I can get back to our normal life.  Leo is an amazing man.
I slept a lot this week and when I wasn't sleeping I was laying down resting.  Being in pain wipes out all of my energies.  Today was the first day I felt somewhat human and so I took advantage.  Even though it is freezing cold outside I went out to Lucas' school to sit in on his Speech Therapy session.  I had some questions but mostly I just enjoy participating.  I love to hear how his SLP is able to get him to produce a clear T sound.  His SLP and I don't care that it is only made during the isolation of the speech room at this time, the fact is that he is learning to use it so eventually he will be able to make the sound in conversational speech.  I paid a small price for going out this afternoon but considering the reward of hearing Lucas clearly say "Hat, Mat, Cat" was worth it!

So our steak dinner has taken a turn from being cooked outside to inside on the cast iron skillets.  Why?  The gas grill's line is frozen and will not ignite.  Now the house is filled with the aroma of steaks.  Leo built a fire to help keep me warm and I am being entertained by the boys.  Yes I am in pain but life really doesn't get much better than this.  I am filled with their love and support.  Life isn't always this easy but if it was then I wouldn't be able to enjoy this night so much.  I might wish I was the one in the kitchen cooking but it is a treat to have a home cooked meal prepared for me.  I am a lucky woman even though my pain continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment