Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

A lucky woman like me loves to celebrate Valentine's Day.  Yes it is a cheesy hallmark holiday but when you get down to it the day is about putting a little extra effort into showing that special someone in your life how important they are to you.  I am a simple woman, it doesn't take much to put a smile on my face. 
Celebrating V-day gets harder when you have a busy family life.  Leo still must work, the boys have school, Lucas has therapy, Gabe has homework and Tae Kwon Do.  This is not a holiday when everything closes down for the day.  If you care about this special day (like I do) then you are faced with being creative.  How do you find the time to let those you love and are special to you FEEL special and loved? 
The kids are easy...extra hugs and kisses and proclamations of love.  Of course Lucas is too young to understand any of this but he still had fun handing out Valentines to his friends at playschool and enjoyed their little party.  Gabe was so sweet this morning.  I woke him up by climbing in his bed to cuddle him, 5 minutes of a snuggle makes him feel so good and me too! During our snuggle he turns his head and says "Happy Valentines Day Mommy!" I kissed him all over.  He gave me my first Happy Valentines Day kiss today! 
With Leo my best valentine's gift is that he simply remembered! LOL  He is not big on the day and only puts the effort out to make me happy. He is a great husband! Last night he asked me if I would go to breakfast with him after the kids left for school "Awe you remembered!  Of course I will go with you! You remembered!" Leo works early in the morning so when he walked in the door this morning he was holding a bouqet of flowers for me.  After getting myself fixed up we went out to one of our old diner spots from back when we were dating, it was a very nice trip down memory lane.  Also very nice was being out together and not talking about the kids or home, we just enjoyed each other and laughed.  After breakfast however we both needed to get back to our schedules.  Leo back to work and me back to Lucas' and home.  We aren't going out to dinner tonight but we are considering pizza! 
I am a lucky woman.  I found the man of my dreams, talk dark and handsome.  He has filled my life with love laughter and joy.  I have two wonderful boys who are crazy about their mommy and drive me crazy at the same time.  A lucky woman like me who is filled with so much love in her life feels compelled to celebrate Valentine's Day, even if it is just a hallmark holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment