Wednesday, March 20, 2013

God laughs when we make plans ...

I had this week planned out.  Enjoy my last sessions with Lucas' EI therapists.  Clean the house and spare room.  Rest.  Make cupcakes for Lucas to take to playschool on Thursday to celebrate his birthday with his classmates.  Have a blast on Saturday, Lucas' 3rd Birthday.  Well, a sore throat and fever are wrecking these plans.  Lucas just had to get sick right before his birthday.  Can't this kid ever do anything the easy way? 
My energy now must go into taking care of the little guy.  Meaning as long as he is home I cannot work on the laundry or our spare room.  I had to cancel today's therapy session, our second to last with developmental therapist and tomorrow's last session with his speech therapist.  Tomorrow Lucas was supposed to celebrate his birthday in class however that cannot happen because of the fever.  A sick Lucas is not a stay in bed all day Lucas.  Nope, it is a wrestling match to get medicine down his throat.  He is cranky and fussy about what he eats, pulling out the tears to get snacks (comfort) when I put my foot down that he eats the sandwich first.  Being sick and under the weather also means his speech is a little worse with more stuttering involved.  He needs held when it is time for a nap and he needs held when his energy is drained.  He is a mommy's boy and doesn't want to share my arms with anyone.  From the moment he is up in the morning I have to be ON and that is hard to do when moving is difficult. 
The best I can do is my best.  I have to keep pushing through but I know how to cut back making sure I save my energy for where it matters most.  Lucas.  The dishs can sit another day in the sink.  Laundry can be handled later, it has waited this long it can continue to wait.  The carpet may need vaccuming but it will wait, no one will be here to notice.  I have a meal in the freezer for just this type of occassion, defrost and heat in the oven.  As long as I have enough energy to hug Gabe and help him with his homework the rest of my daily energy is dedicated to my little guy. 
Crossing my fingers that Lucas get's better quickly, no one else gets sick, my energy holds up and I can accomplish my revised to do list.  God must be loving this little joke on me right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment